How do I open this game format?

VahanFou

Formerly 'VahnXDean'
Mar 11, 2024
I would like some help on how to open this game format, I use windows 11 and the game just opens and closes. I downloaded the demo from DLsite.
sdfgdsfgsd.png 123123123.png

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
There's no format visible, it's just an icon with the game's name. However, I assume it's an exe since you opened it.
You did open it, the issue is that it crashed soon after.

VahanFou

Formerly 'VahnXDean'
Mar 11, 2024
There's no format visible, it's just an icon with the game's name. However, I assume it's an exe since you opened it.
You did open it, the issue is that it crashed soon after.
I see, pardon me. I've already changed the computer's region and I don't know if the region emulator is something that would be better

whowhawhy

Jan 19, 2023
it's a normal exe. the icon means it was created with livemaker engine. if the usual locale change doesn't help, try a virtual machine with a windows version that's more likely to be supported by it (win98? xp? win7?)

and as winterfire hinted, .

Last edited:

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
it's a normal exe. the icon means it was created with livemaker engine. if the usual locale change doesn't help, try a virtual machine with a windows version that's more likely to be supported by it (win98? xp? win7?)

This icon looks so archaic/outdated from a UI perspective lmao

1726939329544.png

VahanFou

Formerly 'VahnXDean'
Mar 11, 2024

Got it, sorry it took so long to reply. I went to find out how to install a Virtual Machine and I've been trying for a while because it always takes too long to install WinXP and the blue screen appears.

Goeffel

Sep 10, 2022
before installing VM and old OS and whatnot, did you try the "compatibility modes" ?

in file explorer, RMB click on the .exe file -> properties -> compatibility tab : check "run program in compatibility mode for: choose from dropdown list. "Apply"

(English by me, here it is in German, so wording may differ)

compat-mode.jpg

(edit: compatibility somehow difficult word for me :-D )

Last edited:

VahanFou

Formerly 'VahnXDean'
Mar 11, 2024
before installing VM and old OS and whatnot, did you try the "compatibility modes" ?

in file explorer, RMB click on the .exe file -> properties -> compatibility tab : check "run program in compatibility mode for: choose from dropdown list. "Apply"

(English by me, here it is in German, so wording may differ)

View attachment 4061489

(edit: compatibility somehow difficult word for me :-D )
Yes 100%, and I also have the PC in the Japan region and Locale installed too.
pai.png paii.png