VN - Ren'Py - Hyperreality [v1.1] [Simulated Despair]

1. 2.00 star(s)

timtaylor

This is a cautionary tale of using AI to generate images.
    • There is no consistency of images within a scene. Beginning in the first scene, the desk looks completely different in close-up than it did when viewing the room as a whole.
    • There are numerous examples of the AI performing poor edge detection. One of the bus passengers is half-in and half-out of the bus while the bus' door is closed. There are passengers in front of the driver and their bags are halfway through the windshield.
    • The AI struggles with female anatomy in some renderings by placing their anuses above their pelvic bone.
    • The story itself seems to be written backwards as though the renderings came first and the author was forced to develop a story that explained the images.
    Not my cup of tea.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

loikl

Good plan with questionable execution, the story is interesting and could have potential, but the graphics don't help much, the characters don't look bad but change face and body in each scene.

If you intend to use AI to make a game it's valid but the dev must fix each image independently or else this happens.

For now it's not a good option, but maybe if the dev puts effort into it it will be in the future.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Klaptrap

The artstyle of this game feels extremely cheap and barebones. Most of the background and a good amount of the character images are ai slop: overly glossy and with obvious errors. It's also kind of jarring to talk to a character and see them swap outfits and shadows between poses. It feels like the first image generated was taken that looked okay from a distance, without taking into regard how everything looks together. I don't have much to say about the story, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was made by ai as well.